A Day In The Life...

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Stanford Sierra Camp... the return of the Thundercats



















Its been 2 years and yet very little has changed. Camp is still the absolute best way to spend your time and not your money over the summer. The new staff kicked ass, the old friends were just as friendly as before, and the view never ceased to take my breath away. Best of all, my tenure was extended from a single week to two, the first of which I was working on the dock, and the second teaching tennis to guests who most likely know more about the game that I. Four out of the 5 thundercats came back to work and it was great to re-live those thundercat days on the dock, complete with the Windy Shuffle, Thunderstruck ski slots, The LONG Rope, 5-man pyramids, sun tans & zinc oxide, Morn Du Ski, Epic Kneeboarding sessions, Wakeboard Flips, BEFFA, Throwin' buckets, and kicking back T-bombs. This one's for us... Where'd dat Gria get? I do have to appologize to the new dock for repeating jokes of old and referencing B-hyde. This year's dock is a fantastic bunch... Annie, Megan, Joe, Becca, Robbie, & Trainer--y'all rock. So maybe I'll be able to visit in a few weeks for week 8, or maybe I'll get camp to visit me in Yosemite... somehow we'll make it happen. Thanks to all for a fantastic 2 weeks!

so the pictures here are just thumbnails, for the original pics go here and check them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
. . . . . . "The best is when a synonym becomes a homonym"